Deciding on the Future
You want your child to get the best possible start in their career. There are many options available to young people after they leave school, and here we outline information and benefits about apprenticeships and traineeships as a key route into a successful career.
Traineeships bridge the gap between finishing formal education and moving into employment or an apprenticeship. Traineeships are the perfect choice for young people aged 16-24 who:
- Are struggling to progress into work due to lack of skills, experience and qualifications.
- Need skills development and qualifications within an environment more suited to them.
Key benefits include:
- Acquiring skills that employers value such as teamwork and time management
- Giving CVs a boost with a work experience placement to make your child stand out from the crowd
- Building confidence, self-esteem and independence
A traineeship is a great stepping stone to employment for your child.
We will provide:
- Training to prepare them for work including CV writing and what to expect in the workplace
- Support to improve your English and maths if you need it
- Provide skills relevant to their chosen career
From the employer your child will get:
- A high-quality work placement of at least 100 hours
- An interview for an apprenticeship or job if available, or an exit interview with written feedback
We support our trainees to progress into an apprenticeship or employment. Plus, during their apprenticeship they will be provided with help and guidance writing their CV, interview skills and apprenticeship and job applications.
Your Benefit Payments
Completing a traineeship will not affect any benefits you or your child might be claiming.
Click here for more inforamtion: https://blhairdressing.co.uk/pre-apprenticeships/
Our Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) experts can give you information on all of our courses, how students can enrol and what services and facilities are available to students. We offer a professional and friendly IAG Service across all of our sites. Our service is free, impartial and accessible to all. We can offer you advice within a confidential setting if required. Book a careers advice appointment, parent open event or come along to any enrolment event.
Completing an apprenticeship allows your child to learn the trade from other professionals, whilst gaining the theory-based knowledge required from the training provider. They can build networks with other tradespeople, teaching them how the different trades work together to complete projects. An apprenticeship is a real job with training which allows students to earn while they learn, whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. Why choose an Apprenticeship?
- Earn a salary
- Training in the skills employers want
- Excellent progression opportunities, whether looking to study further or climb the ranks within the workplace
- Increased future earning potential – apprentices enjoy marked salary increases when they complete their training
- Learning at a pace suited to the individual with the support of a mentor
- Paid holiday
- Progress to higher Apprenticeships
- Click here for more information:https://blhairdressing.co.uk/hair-apprentices/
- REDUNDANT APPRENTICES
- CITY & GUILDS
- GOV APPRENTICESHIP
- BECOME AN APPRENTICE
- OFSTED REPORT
- ASS 023 LEARNER APPEALS PROCEDURE
- COMP 002 EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY POLICY FOR LEARNERS
- COMP 088 SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN YOUNG PEOPLE POLICY PROCEDURES
- COMP 096 PREVENT DUTY POLICY
- COMP 109 BL TRAINING PRIVACY NOTICE
- COMP 110 ESFA LEARNER PRIVACY NOTICE
- COMP 118 LEARNER SAFEGUARDING SUPPORT LEAFLET
- COMP 137 SAFEGUARDING LEARNERS IN A DIGITAL WORLD
- COMP 147 PREVENT CHANNEL REFERRAL