£4000 EMPLOYER INCENTIVE FROM 1ST APRIL – 30TH SEPTEMBER 2021
The Apprenticeship employer incentive has increased, it has also been extended for any employer that hires a new Apprentice between 1st of April 2021 to the 30th Sept 2021! Contact us today to discuss recruiting a new apprentice to join your salon – 0191 261 9636.
Traineeship employer incentive registration
This form allows you to register and apply for the employer incentive payments for supporting a work placement on an approved Traineeship programme. Your training provider or college will be able to advise you on the eligibility for this payment. Please do not apply for the payment until your training provider advises that you have met the eligibility criteria and provides you with the information required for the application.
To apply – click the link to register and apply for the employer incentive payments:
Full guidance and eligibility criteria can be found on GOV.UK.
If you need help with this form, contact the DfE on 08000 150 600 and choose option 1 followed by option 2, or send an email to email@example.com
Before you start…
- You must have the unique learner number (ULN) and work placement postcode of all trainees for which you wish to apply for an employer incentive payment. This will be provided to you by your training provider once the work placement has been completed.
- The training provider must have updated their ESFA and records to confirm that you have met the requirements of the work placement and are eligible to receive payments.
- You will not be able to make a claim until DfE records on the completed work placement have been updated.
- If you have previously registered with us for the employer incentive payments or apprenticeship incentive payment, you will need to provide your vendor registration number.
The government is also expanding traineeship provision, with funding for employers who can provide trainees with a work experience placement. You will receive £1,000 per trainee, up to a maximum of 10 trainees per business.
Traineeships combine classroom learning with a period of work experience, giving 16-24 year olds a chance to develop their knowledge and skills in your industry. You’ll be introduced to work-ready candidates and get the chance to recruit motivated young employees, eager to grow with your business.
Until the end of March 2021 your business will receive £2,000 for each new 16-24 year old apprentice you recruit, or £1,500 for apprentices aged 25 and over. This is in addition to payments of £1,000 that already available to help cover the costs of training a 16-18 year old apprentice (or 19-24 year old who has previously been in care or has a Local Authority Education, Health and Care Plan). This means you could be eligible to receive up to £3,000 for each new apprentice you recruit (or up to £4,000 could come your way if you choose to combine with the traineeship incentive, and recruit a young person who has already completed a period of work experience).
The coronavirus pandemic has hugely impacted the way many organisations work. We’re here to support you as your organisation adapts and plans for the future. The Government have introduced incentive payments of up to £2,000 to support employers who hire new apprentices. This includes hiring redundant apprentices.
Some of the benefits of hiring a redundant apprentice include:
– A quick return on investment as you’ll have a work-ready apprentice who already has relevant skills and experience.
– Finding the right skills you need to boost your organisation.
– Supporting an enthusiastic apprentice who has lost their job with a new opportunity.